8am – 5pm | Monday-Tuesday, Oct. 1 – Oct. 2
This two-day course covers the hands-on skills needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps. The course covers the principles and practices of DevOps in SAFe. Attendees will learn how to plan and implement DevOps capabilities that will significantly improve quality, productivity, time-to-market, and business results.
The course is intended to build understanding of the complete flow of value, creating a culture of shared responsibility, and applying Lean thinking to the full spectrum of solution delivery. It will help align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve true enterprise agility.
Attendees will leave with an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the skills and knowledge needed to support the plan.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
To drive continuous delivery of value with DevOps, attendees should be able to:
- Describe what DevOps is and why it is important
- Map the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Identify gaps and delays in flow
- Build and integrate the system continuously
- Deploy systems to staging and production environments continuously
- Release systems to customers and manage disaster recovery
- Align SAFe and ITIL practices
- Measure flow through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Build an action plan for a SAFe DevOps transformation
- Introducing DevOps
- Applying DevOps to the continuous delivery of value
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Identifying gaps, delays, and root causes
- Envisioning the future state
- Taking action
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.